** Save The Date for the Fall 2016 Event**
Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10:00am to 2:00pm, Stratham Fire House, 2 Winnicutt Road, Stratham, NH
All NMRA members and prospective members are invited to the fall event.
- Making Mountains with a Chisel by David Kotsonis. David will show how to use plaster of Paris and a chisel to make a realistic mountain scene, without the cost or trouble of making a mold.
- Garden Railroad Update by Larry Cannon. Larry will show and discuss his efforts to update his garden railroad for the National Narrow Gauge Convention.
- Rolling Stock Details by Paul Lessard. Paul will show us some techniques that he uses to detail his rolling stock.
- NNGC 2016 Summary by Peter McKenney. Peter will present a summary of the events at the recent National Narrow Gauge Convention in Augusta, ME.
Show and Ask: Participants are encouraged to bring 1) examples of their modeling to show to other attendees for educational purposes (two-way!) AND 2) questions on model railroad topics to pose to others. Take advantage of the cumulative experience of all of the attendees to make your modeling experience more enjoyable.
Social Time: Between activities, please take some time to meet and talk with the other attendees. No telling how you can help each other out.
Bring a snack or, at your convenience, buy refreshments at a nearby food vendor.
Board of Directors Meeting will follow the program at 1:30 p.m.
Layout Tours: After the meeting, on the way home, please take some time to visit:
- Dave Kotsonis’ Greenland Valley (HO) Railroad, 1 Annes Lane, Greenland, NH. Dave’s layout was featured in the May 2004 issue of Model Railroader, is 22x30 ft., and is modeled after the B&M in the 1940’s to early 1950’s. There are lots of scratch-built items and examples of great modeling!!
- Mike Graham’s Union Pacific/Southern Pacific in New England layout, Stratham, NH. Mike has a double decker layout in a 22x44 space. The layout is about 70% scenery complete with a future expansion planned.
Come to the Fall Event and Share the Fun of Model Railroading!
Next Meeting: Saturday, January 7, 2016, 10:00am-2:00pm; The First Congregational Church, 301 Cottage Road, South Portland, Maine. Mark your calendar and save the date!!